Thursday, June 9, 2011

Spring Table Runner & Some Blogger Solutions

You probably may have noticed that I never posted about my finished quilt. That's because I haven't finished it yet! It took me so long to piece and put together the quilt top that I am absolutely terrified to ruin the quilting and binding. So to practice, I made a matching table runner for my dining room table.



I practiced my stippling, made my own binding, and applied it. You should've seen me while I was quilting. I was pursing my lips so hard, they were white. And I think I was even shaking at one point. I was so nervous! Especially when I got to the darker fabrics, where the thread would be most visible. I tip my hat off to all the quilt makers out there who are so confident with their strokes and techniques. They make it look so easy!





The back side of the table runner is a little plainer. I used a lime polka dot fabric with a single panel of the "Just Wing It" fabric. The binding is sooo imperfect. I ended up making it thinner than I had planned so I chose to sew the entire thing on by machine instead of sewing the back by hand.





So I need your opinion. Which side should I use for my table? The front or the back?




Candlesticks are from this post


Quilting and binding still terrify me, but I'm hoping that now that I got this done, I'll be motivated to finish this quilt.



On a totally different topic, people have been experiencing problems leaving comments on/with Blogger. From what I've heard, this is only occuring with PCs. Those using Apple products are not being affected. With me, I am able to leave comments using my iPad but with my PC and my Dell laptop, I am continually being redirected to the sign in page. There are two solutions to this problem.

1) Instead of selecting Google account when prompted to choose an ID with which to leave a comment, choose the Name/URL option and type your information manually.

2) When signing in, unclick the "stay signed in" box. This should allow you to leave comments with no problem.

I hope this helps! I know it's been a little irritating for me these last couple of days when I've been trying to leave comments on some really great posts and am unable to. Hopefully this issue with Blogger will be resolved soon! Thanks for stopping by today!

Linking up here.

25 comments:

  1. I love the table runner. Something I keep meaning to have a go at myself - one day. The info about blogger was helpful to as I've had friends that have been unable to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this runner! Found you at House of Hepworths! Thanks for sharing there! I need to start trying some simple quilting...your post has inspired me to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm both sides are beautiful! I personally like the front though... lots of color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you already know which one i like, but im a simple girl myself.. so the back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the table runner. The colors are, once again, so pretty! I always love how you pick the colors for your projects :) And as for leaving comments, I haven't had any problems with my account, yet. Hopefully it stays that way. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That runner is so pretty. I think you should use both sides. Just go between them. Too pretty not to see the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the runner. FYI: I have a MAC and I am having issues with commenting as well...

    Thanks for sharing at Creative Juice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm new to quilting too. I love your table runner, it's fabulous!

    I'll be sharing it in my first ever, Blogland's Fabulous Friday Finds.

    www.astepinthejourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Use both! No need to stick with just one side when they are both so cute. :)
    --Jill
    jillmadeit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at you... the runner turned wonderful!! I love both sides but don't be afraid to let the fun colors shine. It looks great with your candles. I am itching to start a quilt but scared to death I will make a mess. For now, I will just enjoy others who quilt. AJ
    queenofmynest(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I.LOVE.THIS runner! I think you did a great job on it. I know what you mean about quilting not being perfect, that's what I think of anything I make too, but the imperfections add character. :) I can't wait to see your finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your quilting and the binding look amazing! i am in LOVE with this table runner! i have to get myself more momo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is SO cute! I love it! I have been trying to come up with one myself lately, and this is definitely helpful! You did such a great job and the fabrics are perfect! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your table runner turned out beautifully! I've been so busy building lately that I've neglected my quilting/sewing side. You may have reawakened that side with this post! Good luck with the bigger quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did an awesome job! I think you're ready to tackle your quilt! I love the side that is predominately green with the colorful strip going down the center, but both sides look great! Oh, and thanks for the tips on leaving comments! I've been having major issues unless the comment box was pop-out - now I can comment again! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the runner, you did a great job! I like both sides but the front is my favourite, I just love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great table runner! I like the multicolored side best! And good luck finishing your big quilt now!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the tips on the blogger issue. I just started having those problems this morning and its ticking me off!!

    Your table runner is really pretty and you did a great job!! I'm jumping into the quilting craze. I had to buy a new sewing machine this weekend. My old one just wouldn't cooperate with 1/4" seams.... We will see how it all goes!!! Love your fabric too!

    Hugs ~~ Suz
    inspiringcreativeness.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the runner-I think I would use the front side-the colors are awesome! Your other quilt is amazing-don't be scared, just go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that table runner. And I like how it is not hanging over since I often have small guest (children) that are tempted to pull on the them when they hang. I would use the multicolored side when it is not set and go to the plain side when you want the food to be the centerpiece. Great sewing. Gives me one more idea to put on my to do list

    ReplyDelete
  21. It turned out so cute!! Way to go! I can't wait to see your quilt when it is done. I think I was just like you when I did my neices quilt (my first one).

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! Can't wait to see your quilt. I'm following from Fingerprints on the Fridge...would love to have you link this up at my {wow me} wednesday link party going on right now over on my blog. :)

    Ginger
    gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I adore the bright and colorful side in particular. :-) You have such great sense of color. Thanks for linking up to Marvelous Mess!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for linking up, Bonnie and congratulations on making it to week 3 of june's finest! I love your table runner and can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your table runner is amazing and I would like to try on my own. Thank you for sharing your wonderful designs.Family Lawyer near me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!