Monday, October 3, 2011

A Fall Quilt

We have been enjoying the beautiful weather and rainy days around here lately. This past weekend, I started on a fall quilt using my Joel Dewberry "Heirloom" collection that I've conveniently been saving.


I kept telling myself that this fabric was too beautiful to cut into but I just loved looking at it so I said "Why not make a happy fall quilt out of it?". I used Cluck Cluck Sew's "Skipping Squares" pattern.


I finished the quilt top in two days! It uses 9" blocks in 8 rows of 6, equaling 48 blocks. Perfect size for a cozy throw on the couch.


This marks my third quilt and little by little, I am gaining more confidence. I am super excited to make a Christmas quilt! Any ideas on cute fabric lines I could use?

6 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! What else can I say! It is so cheerful & will keep the chill of fall off anyone snuggled under it. However, I have trouble imagining that it is too chilly down in TX (but I'm in Minnesota). You are so lucky to get so much time to sew during one weekend. Can I ask how much of each fabric you used & how many fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, you are super woman! i am so in love with this line. i need to get myself some so bad! this color way is my very favorite. i like the other colorways but this one is my fave.

    and you finished it in two days! shut the front door!! superwoman! seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you finished the top in two days!! That's insane! It's looking great! I bet it will be so nice to snuggle with! Does it even get that cold in Texas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! How about Alexander Henry's Starling for a focal fabric? I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!