Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ready to Give Thanks!


Are you ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow? I'm so ready to put on a few pounds. Not that I need them because I surely don't, but I'm going to pack them on anyway! We only do this once a year after all. And I am definitely going to make the most of it. My plans are to have a Thanksgiving lunch at my mom's house around noon, then head over to my grandma's later in the day and do it again! Looking forward to my mom's stuffing, my sister's apple crisp, and my grandma's tamales. Yuuuum! I wanted to make a little somethin somethin for my grandma so I whipped up these crocheted pot holders last night.






I think the harvest-y colors are just right for Thanksgiving. And I'm liking the solid look as opposed to the striped ones I made last time. I used this pattern.

I am so thankful for SO MANY things this year. I have a beautiful, healthy family. I've met so many amazing friends through this blogging/crafting community. This blog has served as a creative outlet and given me something to look forward to every day. I'm thankful for all my mentors that have helped me learn so much this year. And I'm so so thankful for all my readers who have supported me, helped my blog grow and made my day with all your lovely comments and emails. I have a very special giveaway lined up for tomorrow to show my gratitude. I'll give you a hint: it involves fabric!

And you still have time to enter this giveaway with As Hue Wish. You have up to 8 chances to win $25 to her shop! Giveaway ends Nov. 29.


Have a wonderful, blessed day tomorrow! Enjoy your families, give thanks, and fill your bellies til your heart's content!

13 comments:

  1. Love the potholders! And when you said tamales my mouth literally started to water. Knowing people that make homemade tamales is one of the many reasons I love living in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look awesome Bonnie!! The colors are perfect for Thanksgiving! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I'm going to eat 'til I burst! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the potholders bonnie. you should link up with celebrate color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you make me some potholders? Those are wonderful! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shape of those potholders. Very different!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i keep coming back to look at these potholders. i really really really love them! love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so beautiful! I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those potholders are darling! I love the colors! We would love to have you stop by and share this at our link party:
    http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/2011/11/strut-your-stuff-saturday-week-21.html
    Have a great weekend!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! New follower here. Would love it if you would stop by and share this at my link party going on right now :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/bedazzle-me-monday-10.html

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these pot holders! I featured them yesterday on Sew Woodsy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again wishing I could crochet! (just a newbie knitter)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These pot holders are so cute! I found you through Sew Woodsy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!