Friday, January 6, 2012

One block

I am so excited to finally get started on a new quilt. I knew I wanted to use Liz Scott's new Domestic Bliss fabric collection but I was so undecided on a pattern. After much deliberation, I settled on simple bowtie blocks.


I am taking it slow. I spent last night cutting up the fabric into 4.5" and 2.5" squares. The finished blocks will be 8". I'm pairing them with Kona Sand as the neutral.


I also finally finished up the bag I was sewing up for my dear friend, Nicke. This was supposed to be a Christmas present but, being the procrastinator that I am, it has turned into a very belated New Year's gift. I'm stuffing it with goodies in hope that she'll see past my lateness.


You might recognize the pattern as Anna's 241 tote. They're all over blogland and I've made five of them already. I'm in the midst of making a sixth for myself and then I'll probably be retiring the pattern for awhile.

Well, better get back to piecing if I want to make any progress on these blocks today. Have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Love that block and the bag is cute too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bag! Love the fabrics in the block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bowtie quilt is a great way to showcase that fabric! Can't wait to see it come together. The tote looks great and I am sure Nicke will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! i am so in love with it! it is seriously, perfect! we are both procrastinators! i promise to have your present to you by the end of the month! xoxoxo love those bowtie blocks it is going to be so beautiful with that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty! love the contrasting patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!