Monday, February 13, 2012

Domestic Bliss

I finished my Domestic Bliss quilt top! I used a simple bowtie pattern in 6" blocks. It's a medium throw sized quilt with 56 blocks for my sofa. I already pieced the back together. I just need to go buy some batting so I can get started on the quilting, which I'm still undecided about. Any suggestions? I'm thinking straight lines maybe?




I used some left over scraps to make a Kindle/Nook case. I love how bright and cheery these fabrics are. It's now in the shop if anyone is interested.




Lighting has been terrible around here with all this gloomy weather. It's been raining pretty much non-stop. But I'm looking forward to Valentine's Day tomorrow. I'm going to spend the entire day with my two loves. What could be better than that? Have a great day!

14 comments:

  1. Love those bow-ties. I've never tried that kid of square before. I've "pinned" yours for future reference. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't believe how you knock out these quilting projects! They look awesome! Love that kindle case too! It is bright and cheery! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed with your patience!! I don't think I could handle a quilt...although I am going to do one for each of my kids very soon. But a lot more simple than yours. I love the Kindle case!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh bonnie! i love it so much! i would quilt it just like you quilted the kindle cover. it is so pretty! i really love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful. i would think straight lines too, or maybe some kind of Xs that follow the bowties? i am not sure if that is possible. i love the case too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Kindle case is so cute! You did such a great job- I wish I could quilt!

    -Kendall
    {songbirdsandbuttons.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up with us today!
    I'm a new GFC follower, but I don't see the Linky Followers widget on your blog?? Let me know when you get than up and I'll follow you there as well!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for linking up at the blog hope i am hosting today! i didnt see your linky follow button but i decided to follow you GFC hope you stop by and follow me as well

    http://1momma3boys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I love that case for your Kindle!! You've got talent, girl, I'm impressed! :)

    Following your lovely blog now via the Show Some Love Linky Fest!!

    Mendi & Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found your blog via the Linky follower Blog hop,...Am now following your cute blog. Hope you will stop by and say hi. Maybe follows as well:>

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness- I don't sew so when you ask for advice on whether you should use "straight lines", my thought is, "or what? crooked ones?" I have no idea what you're talking about. BUT, I think the quilt pattern is beautiful!

    Pinning the nook holder. I don't have one- but if I did, I'd get one of those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for taking the time to link up and follow my blog! So glad to have you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!