Sunday, February 19, 2012

Love Bird Tote (Revisited)

I got an email a few days ago from someone requesting a custom made love bird tote for her sister, who's getting married soon. The wedding has a love bird theme and when she came across the love bird totes I made last year, she thought it would be the perfect gift. She asked that I make it large enough to use as a shopper, incorporate the couples favorite band (311), and use fabrics that were pink, green & blue.






I used canvas for the main exterior of the bag and quilter's linen for the lining so it's pretty durable. But to make it even sturdier, I added a layer of interfacing as well. I picked out some of my favorite fabrics and got to piecing. Can you spot the 311?

A couple of things I did differently this time were add a magnetic snap for closure and add a patchwork panel on the back of the bag too. That way it looks pretty no matter what way you're wearing it.






It's large enough to hold several books, magazines, laptop, ipad, and wallet.




Wait a minute... is that the Hunger Games Illustrated Movie Companion?? Yes, yes it is! I'm that obsessed and I'm not ashamed to admit it! lol I recommend this book to those of you who are extremely excited about the upcoming movie next month. The pictures of the capital, the food, the hovercrafts and everything else are amazing. I can't wait for the movie to come out!

Anyway, I hope they both like it and it brings a huge smile to the bride's face when she receives it! Have an awesome week! Linking up here.

30 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! I've kind of been wanting to try my hand at making a tote of some sort...

    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freaking love it!! It's so cute! I love how you put the patchwork along the bottom on the back! Love the interior too! And that tote looks huge! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to have found your blog via 36th Avenue. Looking forward to following along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog @Live Laugh Rowe blog party...I love your projects...your newest follower..CountryMommaCooks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My. Goodness. What an amazing bag!!! I am in love! Thank you SO much for sharing and for the inspiration! :o) And thank you for linking up to Crafty Scrappy Happy's big blog party!!!!
    :o)
    Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so very much for participating in the blog hop! Wishing you the very best in your bloggy endeavors! New follower. Cheers!

    Kelly
    www.livelaughrowe.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is the 311 for? Beautiful bag- love the colors-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love love love love that bag Bonnie!! I'm sure that she will love it!! I love the colors, how you incorporated the band onto the bag!! Just lovely!!! and the patchwork panel is to die for!! sew sew lovely colors!!
    Great job!!!!
    xoxoxo
    eleni

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet! Great colors and I LOVE the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful bag. I love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  11. THAT IS PRECIOUS, I love the color, prints, and design. Shared this sweetness on my COM-FB page. winks, jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute bonnie. you are getting custom orders! AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this!!! It's sooo cute!! Found your site through a blog hop and I am so excited!! Would love to have you follow back and link up some of your projects on my " Homemade By You" party on Wednesday! I added your button to my "Blogs I love" page

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just stopping by from the Blog Hop! Cute blog!! :)

    Brooke
    brooketrouten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. sooo darling...love the fresh colors you incorporated and that the patchwork is just along one edge - so cute! xo

    www.NorthernCottage.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey the bags are so so so cute .
    i just loved it so much.
    if you would be ready to make one for me, how much wil i have to pay for it ;)

    soorya.mg@emc.com
    sooryamg123@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute. Love the colors. Visiting from Not Just a Housewife.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your pretty tote inside and out!! Especially like the splash of color on the left -- I'll have to remember that for future use!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE this bag.. So much that I pinned it aND Im gonna put ur button on my page to share it.. It is just too cute..

    ty
    CANDIE ELLIS
    CANDIE6672@GMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete
  20. SO so so incredibly cute!! love it!

    New follower from the Blog Hop :)

    Megan
    megancamille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. New follower from Party of Four Hop

    www.simply-lovely-things.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable!! Love all the colors and the sweet bird!!! ;) I also have someone in my house counting the days down until The hunger Games!! Would love for you to link up to our "Uncommonly Yours" link party!

    www.uncommondesignsonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks great! Snap closure is always nice. Pretty design!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this bag. The colors and birds are so adorable. Thanks for sharing. You are being featured this week at Lines Across. http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2012/03/cure-for-common-monday-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are so creative! I love the tote and obviously, other people do too :).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!