Thursday, May 10, 2012

Traveling in Style

I'm off to Corpus Christi again this weekend. This time for my cousin's graduation! I completed my Multi-Tasker Tote just in time. It's the perfect size to use as a travel bag. It fits my hair dryer, hair straigtener, make up bag, toiletry bag, and still has plenty of room for my camera and lenses. I also made a cute little boxy pouch for my cosmetics. It was my first time making one and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

I used fabrics from my Flea Market Fancy stash for both projects. My absolute favorite fabric from this line is the posies in brown. So I used that as the main exterior for my bag. I threw in some dots and seeds for the pocket panels and lining. This bag is just adorable. I really recommend it. You can find the pattern for sale at Amy's shop, Pinked Fabrics!




Ofcourse, I can't show up empty handed. I made my cousin this pillow cover and threw in some hair bows. I wrapped this in this cute owl craft paper that I found at the World Market last time I was in Corpus Christi. I must remember to go there again, they have such cute stuff!



Don't forget to enter the PrintRunner giveaway if you haven't already! It's open until Sunday night when I return. Have a fun weekend!

7 comments:

  1. That is such a cute bag!!! Love the boxy pouch too, perfect for toiletries. :). Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Bonnie! I freaking love that box pouch! That's perfect for makeup! I know your cousin will love her goodies - even the wrapping is adorable! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great bag! The pouch is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely, there's nothing more stylish than matching travel gear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! Your bag turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. have a fun weekend friend! love the bag bonnie. i think those brown posies are my very favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hope you have a great weekend away bonnie! i love your new bag! those brown posies are my very favorite! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!